Wednesday, April 11, 2012

MOJO Monday 236

Life has many disappointments, pressures, and uncertainties, so I want my friends to know that despite problems, there is always hope. One day my daughter called me when she felt so overwhelmed at work. She asked me to pray for her.  I did, and I also told her to  think about those things that are beautiful, a place, some flowers, a kindness, a friend, anything lovely so that the negative thoughts that can come with being overwhelmed will be shut out and unable to take root. I reminded her of the ideas in Philippians 4:8, Whatever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, if they have any virtue or praise, think on these things.That is one aspect of this beautiful sentiment from Verve: Where flowers bloom so does HOPE. Flowers seem to cheer the sick or bereaved in our culture and to celebrate with the newlyweds. I made this card with bright, cheerful colors to go with meaning of this sentiment. Here's the sketch from MOJO Monday #236:



This Verve stamp set, Hope Blooms, has flowers as well as sentiments. I lightly stamped the largest flower before overstamping it with the sentiment. I wanted to use the large yellow ginham ribbon with the button and twin to go with Challenge #45 at Really Reasonable Ribbon - to use Buttons and Bows. I chose to use part of a flower strip sticker that went with the June Bug paper pack instead of a strip of patterned paper. 

May your life bloom with beauty, flowers, and hope!

6.5" x 5" Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey June Bug; CTMH Dotty for You, Sunny Yellow and White Daisy cardstock
Stamps - Verve "Hope Blooms"
Ink - CTMH Sunkiss Yellow, Black
Other - Yellow Gingham Ribbon from my stash, CTMH Red button collection; My Mind's Eye Baker's twine, Spellbinders Nestabilities die, 2" circle punch

2 comments:

chanya13 said...

Lovely color, beautiful card

Suzie said...

so very pretty