Monday, April 30, 2012

Psalm 46:1 for Mojo Monday 239

I've been a Christian for 56 years. Now that I'm at the "grandma age" with its aches and pains or sleepless nights, I find that the first thing I'm saying to the Lord at those times is this, "You are my refuge and my strength." I take comfort in those words but I'm also acknowledging to Him that I trust Him to see me through the difficulty. King David must have cried out those words many times. I'm hoping that Psalm 46:1 will bring encouragement to someone with this card.

Abby has a lovely devotional at her blog, Little Birdie Blessings, that includes the words to one of my favorite Hymns, Great Is Thy Faithfulness. Her springtime images and this hymn remind us that no matter how long the winter, His mercies are new every morning. Springtime always follows winter. If He can do that for the seasons, I know He can do that for me after a night of little sleep or in any other of life's problems.

I used the sketch from Mojo Monday 239, but, like the circular example, I added the scalloped border to the square card.




I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the card and its two frames using the scalloped square key. The black frame was cut with the Layer key and the orangish frame was cut with the Decorative Layer key. All three of those were cut at 5.25" to fit in my 5.5" envelopes. The white card was random stamped with the medium flower from Hope Blooms using Cotton Candy and Sorbet inks first and second generation. The black scalloped mat for the sentiment has three black buttons, but they're really hard to see in the photos. I added the scallops, flowers, and buttons for the challenge #1217 at CCEE Stampers this week.


May you find refuge and comfort in the Lord. May you experience His strength when the day's burdens increase and your own strength seems inadequate.


Challenges:
CCEE Stampers Challenge 1217 - scallops, flowers, and buttons

5.25" Square Encouragement Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey "Sweet Threads;" Close To MY Heart White Daisy, Black, and Sweet Leaf cardstock
Stamps - Verve "Psalm 46:1" Plain Jane, "Hope Blooms"
Ink - CTMH Cotton Candy, Sorbet, Black
Other - CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, black buttons, Colonial White waxy flax; Spellbinders Nestabilities Lattice Rectangle; Cheery Lynn Designs tropical flourish dye; Recollections floral embellishment; ribbon unknown

4 comments:

Heather Cooper said...

Very pretty card, and a good reminder of His faithfulness! Thanks for sharing!

Pamela OConnor said...

Your card is absolutely lovely...gotta love that Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge! Your post is very encouraging and I need to remember Psalm 46:1 in times of trouble. =) God bless!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Vickie, this card is absolutely stunning. I think even if I followed the sketch it wouldn't come close to looking like your card. What a comforting verse to choose for this beautiful card. Thanks so much for linking this to Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

Arlene said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about this card! :)