Monday, April 16, 2012

MOJO Monday 237 for Mother's Day Card

I was so lucky throughout life to have a mom who loved all of her children dearly. I never doubted that she loved me. I tried to do special things for her whether it was her birthday or Mother's Day or not. Now that she's gone I'm celebrating Mother's Day by recognizing friends who are mothers and making cards to send to a children's hospital (see my previous posts if you're interested). As I make each card, I pray a silent thank you for the mom I had.

Here's the fun sketch this week from MOJO Monday #237 that I used for this card:




All of the materials this time are from Close To My Heart. I used the bright papers from the Stella paper pack. The Lagoon dotted papers are a special right now called Dotty for You in several colors.  The dotted sides are on the back of other patterned papers. When I made 4 layouts from the Stella pack and it's coordinating canvas stickers, I had a three large stickers left over and several small circles. I love canvas and the stitching look. I knew I could use a crocheted flower as the fourth one and made it coordinate by putting a smaller circle on top of it and topping all of the flower elements with pearls in the center.   The Sentiment is scored on both ends and pop dotted on the bright colored "Zip Strip" that I cut off the top of that piece of Stella paper. The Sunset (orangish) pattern is on one side of the paper and the cream colored pattern is on the back.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: